Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Shonette Bason Wood is different, from her look to her energy to her content. She spent most of her teaching career giving permission to children to learn in innovative ways. She still teaches one day per week, while providing CPD and Educational training that improves both your happiness and your results.
You may think you have heard it all before, but through her dynamic and unique style she will challenge her audience to reflect on current modes of thinking and energise them to impact change.
- Permission to be Happy at Work
In this training Shonette gives staff Permission to be Happy in their work, which impacts on the excitement and engagement of the children.
- Suitable Audience: All staff who work with children, Senior Leaders and Headteachers.
- Permission to Educate
In the keynote Shonette demonstrates activities and ways staff can present the curriculum to motivate the children and accelerate learning. (This will include her famous Guinness World Record Dough Disco) Delegates will leave with a wealth of ideas which they can implement the following day.
- Suitable Audience: All staff who work with children
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You could host a range of twilights from our menu of options and our Whole School Spread the Happiness accredited certificate
Spread the Happiness Accredited CPD menu:
- Happiness Injection with Shonette
Evening event 7- 9pm or a Twilight event 4.30 – 6pm
- Spread the happiness whole school program with recognised CPD accreditation certificate
a Twilight hosting or share with five other schools
- Creating Standing out EYFS with Spread the Happiness Award
- Twilight Hosting (starting the happiness award process)
- Consultancy and in class teaching – half day in school or setting teaching Dough Disco, Squiggle Whilst you Wiggle, Squiggle me into a Writer 1&2, Making Maths Magic plus standing out challenges within play to enhance literacy or maths Or bespoke to the settings curriculum areas to improve and enhance.
- Squiggle Whilst you Wiggle
This training will focus on how to generate excitement for literacy, (with practical ideas) in both staff and children; striking a perfect balance between a play based and a formal curriculum, both indoors and out …… and all on a shoestring!
- Active Literacy – presented with Chris Connaughton
This training will inspire Foundation Stage and Key Stage One Practitioners to raise standards in writing through the development of oracy, through Shonette’s Permission To approach.
Shonette will create motivation and excitement for the EYFS and National Curriculum Objectives and generate enthusiasm for literacy in both staff and children.
This training can be adapted to cover the whole primary age range.
- Making Maths Magic
This is a successful kinaesthetic approach to teaching mathematics, which results in accelerated development of key mathematical knowledge and skills. It also tackle problem solving with ease. This course leads practitioners through how to achieve ‘outstanding’ progress in mathematics through EYFS & KS1 without having to spend a fortune on a scheme or resources.
- Outdoor Learning on a Shoestring
Outdoor Learning by Shonette Bason Wood is a motivational an inspirational training designed to ignite a practitioner’s pedagogy to the possibilities of the outdoors and motivate them to the impact an outdoor classroom can have on children’s learning.
- Creating Outstanding Early Years
- Combining the following elements into one fun packed learning day:
- Permission To – An inspirational session giving all those working with children permission to teach in innovative ways.
- Squiggle Whilst you Wiggle – This session will focus on how to generate excitement for literacy, (with practical ideas) in both staff and children; striking a perfect balance between a play based and a formal curriculum, both indoors and out …… and all on a shoestring!
- Making Maths Magic – This is a successful kinaesthetic approach to teaching mathematics, which results in accelerated development of key mathematical knowledge and skills. This course leads practitioners through how to achieve ‘outstanding’ progress in mathematics through the Early Years
Instant Impacting Ideas for FS and Year 1
A Recipe for School Readiness and Transition into KS1
The Day will include:
- Brand New Outdoor Learning Ideas
- Inspiring Writing ideas (especially for boys)
- Perfect Parent Partnership including PSED and Knowledge and Understanding of the World.
- A Sprinkle of Making Maths Magic (problem solving) through to Level 3
- Suitable for Foundation Stage and Year One Staff and Senior Leaders.
BESPOKE TRAININGS AND KEYNOTES
Educational outside of education Shonette delivers a not to be missed talk packed with inspiration, motivation and above all Happiness!
For further information, pricing and bookings please contact
telephone: 01740 645185