Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Shonette Bason-Wood is Guinness World Record Holder, mother of four, International Speaker and award-winning author. Shonette is different in style and content, from her look to her ability to lift an audience to a whole new level of thinking. She has created a positive global community within education in which educators put their own happiness first to impact on the children they work with. Famous for her fine muscle exercise Dough Disco, Shonette works Internationally with over 26 countries with Spread the Happiness Educators.
Her education work spans all ages encouraging educators to take control of current trends and agendas to truly accelerate children’s learning, growth and development, by focussing on happiness, humour, reality, risk taking, and positivity.
Shonette is not a motivational speaker but an experience. The audience will leave the room, but she will leave a Permission To legacy that every person will benefit from and ripple that has the potential to impact on 1000’s of children’s education.
- Permission to be Happy at Work
In this training Shonette gives staff Permission to be Happy in their work, which impacts on the excitement and engagement of the children.
- Suitable Audience: All staff who work with children, Senior Leaders and Headteachers.
- Permission to Educate
In the keynote Shonette demonstrates activities and ways staff can present the curriculum to motivate the children and accelerate learning. (This will include her famous Guinness World Record Dough Disco) Delegates will leave with a wealth of ideas which they can implement the following day.
- Suitable Audience: All staff who work with children
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You could host a range of twilights from our menu of options and our Whole School Spread the Happiness accredited certificate
Spread the Happiness Accredited CPD menu:
- Happiness Injection with Shonette
Evening event 7- 9pm or a Twilight event 4.30 – 6pm
- Spread the happiness whole school program with recognised CPD accreditation certificate
a Twilight hosting or share with five other schools
- Creating Standing out EYFS with Spread the Happiness Award
- Twilight Hosting (starting the happiness award process)
Creating ‘Standing Out’ Early Years and Key Stage 1
- The journey of Literacy through EY into KS1
- This session will focus on mark making into writing. How to use play based learning effectively to achieve outstanding writing results (all on a shoestring budget)
- Brand new Spread the Happiness neurological approach to reading that lifts not only the reading of key words but also improves spelling. It will also include KS1 and preparing for OFSTED’s new curriculum framework with amazing ideas to boost early reading.
Creating ‘Standing Out’ Early Years with Making Maths Magic
Including outdoor and play based ideas for problem solving in maths
(Also includes Dough Disco™)
Creating ‘Standing Out’ Early Years with Spread the Happiness
Timetable, assessment and curriculum approach.
Consultancy and in class teaching with our trainers
- Half day in school or setting teaching Dough Disco, Squiggle Whilst you Wiggle, Squiggle me into a Writer 1&2, Making Maths Magic plus standing out challenges within play to enhance literacy or maths
- This package can be bespoke to the settings curriculum areas to improve and enhance.
Squiggle Whilst you Wiggle
This training will focus on how to generate excitement for literacy, (with practical ideas) in both staff and children; striking a perfect balance between a play based and a formal curriculum, both indoors and out …… and all on a shoestring!
Making Maths Magic
This is a successful kinaesthetic approach to teaching mathematics, which results in accelerated development of key mathematical knowledge and skills. It also tackles problem solving with ease.
This course leads practitioners through how to achieve ‘outstanding’ progress in mathematics through EYFS & KS1 without having to spend a fortune on a scheme or resources.
Outdoor Learning on a Shoestring
Outdoor Learning by Shonette Bason Wood is a motivational an inspirational training designed to ignite a practitioner’s pedagogy to the possibilities of the outdoors and motivate them to the impact an outdoor classroom can have on children’s learning.
Creating Outstanding Early Years
Combining the following elements into one fun packed learning day:
- Permission To – An inspirational session giving all those working with children permission to teach in innovative ways.
- Squiggle Whilst you Wiggle – This session will focus on how to generate excitement for literacy, (with practical ideas) in both staff and children; striking a perfect balance between a play based and a formal curriculum, both indoors and out …… and all on a shoestring!
- Making Maths Magic – This is a successful kinaesthetic approach to teaching mathematics, which results in accelerated development of key mathematical knowledge and skills. This course leads practitioners through how to achieve ‘outstanding’ progress in mathematics through the Early Years.
BESPOKE TRAININGS AND KEYNOTES
Educational outside of education Shonette delivers a not to be missed talk packed with inspiration, motivation and above all Happiness!
For further information, pricing and bookings please contact
telephone: 01740 645185